Monday, November 11, 2013

The Good Phone Debate


Effectively, perhaps it's not an incredible debate, however it certainly is a great conversation. So here goes, any time you see you have a voice mail message from someone do you...
(a) Listen to the message, or
(b) Just contact them back
As a person committed to producing clear and concise communication (and in my ever present concentrate on managing my time and respecting others) when I contact somebody I leave a message with as significantly detail as you can so that
(a) They know the purpose I am calling (and irrespective of whether or not they even really need to contact me back).
(b) When they do contact back, we'll possess a frame of reference to move the conversation forward.
Confession: This has been a pet peeve of mine. When I leave a message along with the particular person just calls back without having listening to the message, I would get frustrated that I already left the information and now have to repeat myself.
I posed the query on Facebook the other day and got great feedback and insight that should now assist me, really feel less frustrated and be capable of greater communicate - the way other folks want it to become... not only how I want it! Right after all, isn't that the key to effective communication? Creating certain that we deliver our messages - in small business and in life - the way the receiver wants to hear it and not the way we choose to provide it! (Oh geez, I guess it isn't all about me!)
So right here goes... Present day Day Phone Etiquette
I will nonetheless leave a comprehensive message and when the individual just calls me back with out listening, as an alternative to obtaining peeved I will believe to myself "Oh is not this great, they had been so excited to speak with me that they did not want to waste a moment prior to we really connected."
I'll still listen to my voice mail messages before just calling back. I know you'll find other individuals, like me who appreciate and use this worthwhile tool for time management and continuous forward motion.
When I make a brand new connection with a person I will ask "Do you prefer voice mail or text messages?" (FYI... even though I am not part of Gen Y, I do really like texting! It really is an incredible approach to provide rapid messages i.e. "I'll meet you at the restaurant at 1 pm" and makes it possible for me to offer swift responses to somebody if I am around the other line devoid of acquiring to disrupt my current conversation."
And speaking of phones, is not it remarkable how far we've come...
Click here to know more about

No comments:

Post a Comment